The Crown Inn
Situated in the pedestrianised part of West Street, The Crown Inn was first recorded in 1841 as The Crown Brewery and was then the nearest inn to the old market site. From around 1870 to the early 1900s, The Crown Brewery was run by the Cawte brothers. In the 1911 trade directory for Fareham, the premises were listed as The Crown Inn. The licensee was Mrs Clara Frost, who remained in charge for nearly 20 years.